“King of Kings”
As Election Day approaches, Americans are considering the direction of our government. But who, really, is our “ruler”? Timothy 6:14-16 speaks of, “the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever.” So, who is God and what makes him an uncomparable ruler?
1) His own time- God is the ONLY one that can control time; he has no time constriction.
2) The only Ruler- Paul tells us in Romans 13:1, “Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”
3) King of kings, Lord of lords- Jesus didn’t just come to visit his people, but he walked our steps and endured death for us.
4) Immortal- We don’t have to worry about placing our faith in something or something that will perish. Psalm 121 tells us that He doesn’t even sleep; He is always in control.
5) Unapproachable light- He can not be seen by the visible eye, yet He gives us clues that He IS here, almighty and present. Romans 1:20 says, “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.”
We can only do what Paul tells us–to bring honor to Him. One day all nations will acknowledge the Lord!